Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A SOCCER FRENZY!

Okay so I'm not procrastinating. I am actually taking the day off. Tuesdays are absolutely horrid on my nerves anyhow, and we only got home at 9 since we had to grocery shop after soccer, so I am ready to head to bed with my cup of tea! Or I would do that if tea didn't make me throw up of course. IT's so wierd. Had the same problem with Abby's pregnancy. Couldn't drink tea the whole 9 months without getting sick.
So there are some bad fires burning just North East of the city. The whole sky is one big haze and the smell is enough to burn your throat. They are really hoping for rain tonight. Doesn't look too promising. One of the main problems is the wind keeps changing directions on them. floods and fires....swine flu....what next?

So soccer looked like piles of fun!And totally exhausting!! They did 2 laps around the 3 mini soccer fields, then did some drill type work, then separated the 3,4, and 5 year olds onto seperate fields, and played a little game. Hayley ran for the entire 75 mintues!!! It'll be so good for her. Then near the end they sent some 5 year olds over to the 6 year old team, and they asked Hayley (cuz she's so awesome of course) but she said she'd rather stay there because she was afraid the big kids would take the ball from her! HA!

We find it so interesting to watch Hayley with a teacher or instructor. She concentrates so hard on what they are saying and tries to absorb everything. It makes her a cautious student, almost needing to have approval to go to the bathroom. Very interesting. Classic first born perfectionism comming out. I am having fun reading about birth order and am a strong believer in how it shapes personality.

Here are some pictures. Hayley's shorts are too big making her look a little like a fat little boy, but she was so cute and did so well!! ALMOST scored a goal.




































And this is the princess house that Steve brought home from a lady at work. I am needing a bigger basement I think.

2 comments:

  1. Cute pics and video clips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go watch Hayley play...Nate can't wait until Addi is old enough to play too!!! All I can think about is injuries: broken bones, concussions, etc...

    ReplyDelete