Friday, April 8, 2011

A pictoral journey

Okay so lets be honest here. When we look at people's blogs we are looking to see pictures right? The words are just spots on a page, and if a picture tells a thousand words.....well here is my wordy blog for this week. Steve dug a path through the snow for the girls. Not sure why but anyhow, they enjoyed it. Here they are making 'toilets' in the snow.
Kylie thought this was a good idea. If she fell backwards the landing would have been okay. If she went towards the play house it could have been broken bones. She successfully made it to the other side.
So I went to exchange some stuff for Steve and I had to call him and ask him a question. Turns out I woke him up. Kylie was asleep on his lap, and as I was talking to him he goes "I can't find Chelsea"!! So he's calling her and she's not responding....the older 2 are in the tub, and finally he discovers that she has fallen asleep behind our bedroom door!! She shuts the door of whatever room she is in and she probably couldn't get out and when no one responded to her banging on the door (you all know how soundly Steve sleeps) she gave up and went to sleep. This was all at 6:30!!!!!! Some tired kids I guess. I tease Steve about his parenting skills. 2 kids in the bath and 1 missing and 1 sleeping while he sleeps!!!


On the other hand, something is wrong with our Kylie. She is falling asleep around 6:30, sleeping until 7, and then having a nap in the day. The other day she had 13 hours of sleep, laid down after BREAKFAST and fell back to sleep!!! She hasn't eaten much for 3 days either and has swollen glands in her neck. I am thinking growth spurt? But then in the back of my mind because of the lymph nodes, I get thinking mono!! Oh well....if it lasts a lot longer we'll run her in.


Back to pictures...

Abby has gone from hating the outdoors to loving it (thank goodness). She will even go out and play by herself out there. My child is growing lots of confidence. YAE! Finally! I was worried she'd be like me forever!

Here is Hayley and I playing a duet and then her playing a solo. She just learned her part yesterday. I was amazed. She is in a program called music for young children. Very much a focus on parent teaching. We both get extremely frustrated with each other so it might be private lessons next year. Right now it is an hour a week group lesson. She's only been playing for 8 months so I'm proud of what she has accomplished. Maybe 1 more year of this program. We'll see if we survive the last 6 weeks.






So that is all. Steve is upstairs putting kids to bed. I need to clean up supper dishes and have some tea.


Love you all,


Steve, Jen, Hayley, Abby, Kylie, and Chelsea.

2 comments:

  1. Loved your "wordy" blog and Hayley's piano playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just now getting around to reading your blog updates...i know..i know...it's horrible!!! anyways...beautiful post...love the videos of you and hayley duet-ing....brought a few tears...she's getting so big and i've yet to see her...i'm emotional i know...but what can i do about it :o) oh...love the new pics on fb too...so adorable!! our chelsea and kendra are looking a little more individual now, but still enough alike to be sisters :o) that's okay by me...if their moms couldn't be might as well, their girls..right?

    ReplyDelete