Friday, May 6, 2011

Random events in our life lately

Here's our Kylie girl. She has been so sick lately. About a month or so ago I noticed that she wasn't eating and she was sleeping A LOT! But then I figured she must be due for a growth spurt so maybe that was all it was. But then she would run these fevers and they'd come and go but then Chelsea got one so I figured she just had a bug. Then she started peeing her pants ALL the time. I was getting very angry and frustrated. Then she started getting a tummy ache and people suggested it might be an infection. Yes I'm a dumb mother. Should've known. She has a terrible bladder infection!!! Poor thing. She has 4 days left of meds and still has terrible tummy aches although she isn't peeing her pants anymore so dr. says finish the meds....she may need a stronger one though if there is any bacteria left in her urine.

This kid is so tough that I would have no clue how much it actually hurts. Well....tough pain-wise. Have a bug land anywhere near her and she'll either beat it beyond recognition or she'll scream and carry on like she's being slaughtered!!

Here is my Chelsea. She's 100% trouble. But she loves her mom so much I just gotta excuse her. She THINKS she wants to potty train but I'M not ready so she waits. She'll pull off her diaper or lift up her shirt and pull on her pants saying 'pee' or 'poo' but then I sit her on and nothing. But this is okay. I hate the potty training stage and we are waiting until after she's 2. Maybe she'll train herself. I love that she is starting to talk. Although....the other night a said "night-night time..." and she said NO! Hmmm....








Check out the rolls!!! Mommy's girl for sure....although she looks like her dad!



This is my Abs. She loves her computer games. Sigh....however she also is learning to love the outdoors so that's great! She just finished her Kindergarten readiness class and is almost done preschool :(:( I love watching her. In the kindergarten readiness class they are partnered up (teacher's choice) for center time. She is not shy at all but actually interacts when she doesn't know I'm watching. She is going to be just fine at school. Thankful we put her in preschool as she was so shy and timid at the beginning of the year. Not anymore!!!





This is studly Steve. I love him so much. He's such a good man. Big decisions coming up in his future but we'll talk about those only if they happen.







And this is my big girl!!!! I'm not sure what is going on here but hope it's not playing meeting in that outfit. This kid is obsessed with peace signs. I think maybe her real mom was a hippy??!! She fell down the stairs the other day. She screamed a horrible scream and I told her it wasn't going to get her out of cleaning her room and to get right back upstairs. Well for the next 3 hours she wouldn't walk on it. I tried to make her.....she wouldn't. So finally I looked at it and it had this extra lump on it and ended up quite swollen. Took her to emerg. The doctor was soooo nasty. Told her to not be so dramatic, it was only a sprain and to get walking on it. She tried playing soccer 3 days later and did okay but now the bruising is coming out and she was teary tonight as I put her to bed saying it hurt so badly. Sigh.....oh well. It'll heal.






Okay now to me. I found out this week I am severly anemic!! I have no idea why. I went in for bloodwork to make sure my liver could handle these strong pills I am taking for my toenail fungus. Dr. called me back and told me to get on iron pills!!! I am at a 5. Low levels are about 25?? Hmm....I suppose that's maybe contributing to the fact I feel sluggish and tired. Couldn't be running after 4 kids right? :) So we'll do that. Found out today that the pills for my toes are $400 a month!!!!!!! Thank goodness for insurance. I only pay $90. Still.....I have to take them for a year. That's $1000 to have pretty toes again. ARGH!!!!


Anyhow. My sweet sweet husband bought me a lovely card for mother's day and a CAMERA!!!! A nice Nikon SLR and I am so excited to learn how to use it. Lots of pictures coming up!!


I can't believe it is almost time for preps. I can't wait for convention and it seems to come at the right time every year.


Well thanks for reading. Stop by again soon. We'll have tea. Even if it's just cyber tea time.


Love you all

Jen and family



























































2 comments:

  1. Loved the update! So you got your camera early!! Now there will be no excuse for lots of pictures of the kiddos!! I need to learn more about my camera too. Online has some good training but would be fun to take a class sometime. Loves to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your posts jen...feels like i'm right there with you....enjoying our tea :o)

    ReplyDelete