Monday, July 4, 2011

convention etc



I'm so tired that I'm not sure how much I can write but wanted to say that convention was once again sooooo wonderful. Yes it rained and was muddy and the clothes got filthy...Abby got a diarrhea bug and pooped her pants twice....but it was still so great. I told someone it was my worst convention yet with kids being wiggly and fussy etc. but then I got home and realized I DID hear something and it was probably my best one yet. Not a great family picture but had to hurry and get the tent down before it rined again.






This is a photo of my beautiful girls. I love them so much I think we should have six :) Then I remember how busy life is with 4 and the thought disappears. The school didn't grant me my request and so now Abby and Kylie are going to school on opposite days. IT's so frustrating but I can't think about it too much or I get really upset. It is going to be hard on Abby being up late Wednesday night and being up early Thursday but I guess she has to get used to it sometime. I just keep telling myself that it will be good because some days it'll just be Abby and Chelsea and some days it'll just be Kylie and Chelsea. It's not often that either has the opportunity to be the "Big sister" so it'll be good for both of them. I just have to psych myself up to be extremely busy next year.





Another picture of the munchkins. Would you believe that Chelsea is even busier than Kylie? I know....I didn't think it was possible either. Kylie told me today "You can spank me but I'm not going to cry" (she cried). Chelsea you discipline and she smiles at you.







Hayley doing Ashley's hair.








Some of the girls being goofy. There was about 800-900 people there. I would say almost half were under 25 and of that half I bet half were 4-8 years old. LOTS of little girls. It was the first convention that I hardly saw my girls. Just Chelsea.


















Brushing teeth in the morning.






So here is Chelsea having a nice drink of water....all ready for meeting. Then she goes into the tent while I stand outside brushing my teeth or something....

































Then she comes out like this!!!!!!! She got into the bag of little M&Ms I bought for Steve and shoved HALF the BAG into her mouth!!!! Look at those cheeks!! Thank goodness her Wednesday night shirt matched the skirt. We did a quick switch.









The girls started the night sleeping all neatly like this....










They ended like this!


























Here is a little baby Robin that couldn't fly yet. An interesting spiritual thought....The baby Robin either fell or wandered from the nest. We stood all around and looked at him. His mother was in the tree beside us not doing anything to save her baby but always keeping a watchful eye on him. I thought isn't that like us...we go into a world filled with danger because it is necessary for us to live 'in' the world, but God knows we aren't capable of much and when we fall or wander too far he'll still be there keeping a watchful eye. When we left the mommy Robin must have come for him as he was gone when we got back from meeting.


Okay well I am going to my tea as per nightly ritual. Some other pleasant news....I didn't lose any more weight at convention but I did maintain in spite of the occasional slice of pie. So....can I lose 2.4 this week before our little trip?? Hmmmm.....stay tuned.









Will leave you with a little picture of my big girl on her last day of Grade 1!!!











































1 comment:

  1. Love all your pictures!! LOVE the M&M's...wonder how many times we did that to our moms?? :)

    ReplyDelete