Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Today's lesson....don't run with objects in your mouth

We have very dangerous blinds downstairs. Kylie likes to wrap things around her neck. One time after going out for supper and getting a balloon, we hear a gagging sound on the way home.... Needless to say it's a good thing I have a "mother's purse" as I had to whip out my scissors and Steve had to cut the string off from around Kylie's neck. So you can imagin how it is with all the blinds in our house. We have to tightly wrap the cord up and away because Kylie likes to wrap them around her neck. Never thought I'd have to worry about the 6 year old!! She didn't wrap the cord around her neck, she took the stick off that twists the blinds open and closed and had it in her mouth and tripped....the end result was a round bleeding hole in her soft palate!!! Silly kid. She screamed and I thought she would be on fluids forever but seems to be a little better today. The picture doesn't show just how nasty it was as it had stopped bleeding. Sigh....



We had a good time at the splash park the other day. The water is FREEZING and I don't know how the kids stand it. Abby, the princess of the family, doesn't stand it. She just sun tans.

This is what Chelsea did the whole time.
Kylie has always loved the water
She thought this might be a great place to sit and pee.
Abby doing what she does best:)
Not sure what just happened here.


Having a reverse shower

3 of our 4 muffins.

So the time has come for Steve and I to take a holiday alone. Chelsea is not the world's most content baby. Others have even noticed. She cries ALOT! Someone said to me the other day "I don't know how you do it." and frankly, I never ever understood why anyone would want to take a holiday without their kids. Well...I have reached that point. some times after a rough day I just want to sit down and throw a temper tantrum myself. I think if I could even have a few days alone with Steve that I would come back a much better mother. So mommy and daddy have kindly offered to watch our kids while we do a 30th birthday/10 year anniversary thing next year. The choice now is to find a hotel in Florida or splurge and go to St. Lucia. Hmmmm.....tough decision. Just hope it happens soon before I completely lose my ability to function.

Well here's to a wonderful week. Love you all

The Little Campbell's

2 comments:

  1. The pic of Hayley's mouth... looks like you're holding her tongue down with a knife!! hmmmm!! Is that REALLY how she hurt herself??! Just kidding... and yes, Jen, leaving your kids is good for the soul... they appreciate you and you appreciate them more... (I guess we've never done it either! ha! But I have alone and it's just as good!!!)

    ReplyDelete