Thursday, April 15, 2010

Time to say goodbye

How horrible it was to watch gramma break down in sobs before she walked in to see grandpa in his casket. How does a person possibly say goodbye to someone they've shared 61 years of their life with? My heart aches for her and the lonely days she has ahead.

Grandpa looked spectacular by the way. He looked so peaceful. Hayley said "Why were his hands a funny color?" but I didn't notice! I could just picture him taking it all in and rolling his eyes:) A Tingley trait that was most definately passed down through the generations. Not to me of course. I am a gentle Johnson/Krapu. (See....there's my dad rolling his eyes. HA!)

My Hayley is having a hard time with granpda being gone and it just blows me away because I didn't think she'd have a good grasp of the concept of death. Poor child. My Abby was crying all the way home until I figured out that she didn't think her picture got put in the coffin. I reassured her it did, and it would be buried with grandpa. She said "So he can see it when he isn't dead anymore?" So she doesn't quite understand but that's ok. We have lots of pictures to show her when she grows up.

On the bright side of life, Steve brought a guy to meeting last week who said he had been reading the bible, and was "sick and tired of the churches that were all singing and dancing, and he just wanted to learn about the bible!" so today he says to Steve "Hey have a good weekend. Can I keep coming on Sunday afternoons!" So that is exciting for Steve. Our workers are having a prosperous year! Too bad we only have a month left of meetings. Maybe he'll come to convention. He's a nice guy. Our age. Not married.

Well the shower is calling me and the bed is looking inviting so I am signing off. I will need my rest for the busy and emotional day tomorrow. Pray for grandma, Dad, Al, and Jan (and their spouses) to have strength for the day.

Love,
me

ps. Thank you for the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you all!! Love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete