Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Another year begins!!

Today was the first day of grade 1 for Hayley. She was so excited!!! She found her friends and ran up to them leaving mom in the dust, picked out a seat at table for 4 making sure she was sitting with those friends. I'm pretty sure she didn't notice when I left. She will have 2 teachers who job share. Both seem nice. Mrs. Kemp and Mrs. Harlton. They also have this really cool interactive whiteboard in the classroom. Won't be long and Hayley will be more high tech than her mom! I should have taken pictures but this one blurry one is all I took. I can't believe how much Hayley has changed since this time last year. Not only that, but last year we were going to school in the dark and this year it was light out! Interesting!! Supposed to be a really cold fall this year. The kids keep asking when it is going to be winter so I guess they don't mind. I like the cooler weather too.

So Steve still doesn't know about Fort Mac and so I am not worrying about it until it happens. All I know is I will for sure be staying here until June as I am NOT moving the kids with only 3 months left of school. Then we'll have the summer together and will decide then.....if it even happens.

I just realized this morning that is has been 6 months since any of us has been sick!!! I'm sure I've just jinxed myself, but I thought that was amazing being that there are 6 of us in the house. Of course that will change now that school is back in and mom is getting a lot less sleep and no afternoon nap. I think my husband has decided that stay-at-home moms have the easiest job ever since a few times of getting up early I've snuck in an afternoon nap.

Speaking of being tired, Abby's preschool time and day changed 3 times yesterday!!!! The dumb thing is I was told she would be going Tues/Thurs mornings so I agreed to a Monday afternoon playgroup time and mon/wed morning swimming lessons for November. Then it all got changed so I changed swimming lessons, and then it got changed again, and now......ARGHHHHH....I will be at the pool every day in November (no snow please!!!!) plus Abby will be at school 3 half days a week and I will have to miss playgroup (this was my special time with adults so I'm a little ticked about that.) Oh well.....it is only for a year. Between School, swimming, piano, and soccer I don't think I am going to have the time to even breathe this year.

Well I don't know anything else. I am glad that we are getting back into a routine. It is important for us all!!

Love you all

Jen

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jen, I'd be 'ticked-off' as well. What seems to be the problem with the preschool??? There must be heaps of mothers who have all made similar arrangements. Seems to be something sadly lacking in the organizationl skills of those in charge!!! There- I've had my 'soap-box' say for the day!!!
    Luv Mum

    ReplyDelete