Monday, October 31, 2011

Part 3 - the waterpark

After a few busy days I am back with part 3. I apologize to my loyal followers for the delay. On Saturday Steve and I went bed and pillow shopping. We had finally had it with out bed. Our new one is AMAZING! So far. We got a free 50'' TV with it too! Hahaha. Sold it for $500 to a guy Steve works with. That will go to pay off the mattress. We also got a bed for Chelsea. No more crib in our house!! I'm not sure how I feel about this new chapter in life :( Anyhow, I only had to put her back in bed once last night so I think it'll go okay. She was quite put out at first that we were taking her crib apart. She's not one for change when it comes to the sleep department but I was sick of her yelling for me to come get her at 6 every morning. Now if I have the opportunity to sleep in I can!

Funny thing. Steve talked me in to these super expensive pillows. I was a bit skeptical of them. As if a pillow cn be worth THAT MUCH! But after 1 night of sleeping on it I was sold. For the first time in YEARS I woke up with no jaw pain or subsequent headache! Steve on the other hand said it's going to take some getting used to. He didn't like it! Hahahaha.

So back to our trip, we decided we should do something with the kids before we left them for a few days. We looked into the disneyland, busch gardens, seaworld type things and then found this hotel for a great price with this fun waterpark. The thought was that we could pay $500 or more for a day of disneyland where they are probably too small for all the rides anyhow, or we could do the hotel/waterpark for half that and have just as much fun. It turned out to be perfect. We were the only ones using the waterpark during the day, and the kids had a great time. Our hotel room had a bunk bed, pull out couch, 2 queen beds, and a full kitchen. Couldn't believe how cheap it was. We would definately stay there again. Here are our pictures.
























Stay tuned for part 4 - Adult escape.


Tonight is halloween. I would like to be excited but I could very well do without it. I don't need all that sugar in the house!! I am happy to sit at home with the lights out and read a book. I suppose we will do a few houses though.















2 comments:

  1. This is a public blog... you don't need to show us Part 4 - the adult escape. :-)
    JEss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good you are home safe and sound and had a great holiday. Looks like everyone had a great time. We must talk soon. Luv M&D

    ReplyDelete