Tuesday, November 1, 2011

part 4 - adult time

Okay so we survived halloween. Now to get rid of all this candy ASAP! I sent a bunch with Steve to leave at the office so it's out of my sight. The kids stuff we'll just have to tell them to go to town so it disappears real quick!





So thanks to mom and grandma and dad, Steve and I were able to take off for a few nights to Orlando for a date! In looking for a hotel I came across this deal through hotwire.com called the 'mystery hotel'. They guarantee a 4 star or greater hotel but they don't tell you which one until you pay. For $96 a night I was a little nervous. You can't even get a super 8 for that price. But I stepped out on a limb and booked it. We ended up at the Omni Orlando in Champions Gate. Talk about feeling out of place. When you are greeted by valet and men in tuxedos at the front door it's a little nervewracking for 2 country bumpkins. It was beautiful. Here are some pictures.





view out of our window.


LobbySteve :)



Looking out the back of the hotel towards the formal pool (in the distance)





Formal pool. Hmm..missed getting pictures of the lazy river and other pool. Then we went to downtown disney to the cirque du soleil. Another first cultural experience for us. After we wandered the streets of disney and then headed back to the hotel as we had to be up early to go to universal studios the next day. This dragon is made out of lego!







Ride #1 at universal, after which I was so motion sickness I had to buy pills to keep my breakfast down! Had to keep my eyes closed through the next ride, the coolest 3D spiderman one, so I didn't throw up. Grrrr. I never got sick on rides until I got old!




















For those of you into the Harry Potter stuff, here is the castle. This was the busiest part of the whole park. Fortunately Steve and I could care less about HP and haven't read any of the books or anything so we avoided it.









And who can't help but think about their kids a little bit when they are apart. The kids would've had a blast here.













Back to downtown disney for supper at the world's biggest Planet Hollywood. 3 levels of restaurant and the best pulled pork sandwhich I have ever had.



The next morning was back to see the little humans and their grandparents. Don't go too far, it'll soon be time for halloween pictures and part 5......museum and LEGOLAND! Right now however, I must venture out in the chilly wind and clean out the van. It looks nasty, and since we will be living in it for the month of November trecking back and forth to swimming lessons, it would be nice if it were clean. And best do it before it snows or something crazy. Then we have supper and piano lessons and homework and all that fun stuff so we will have to hang out tomorrow!






Thanks for stopping by.



Love Jen

































No comments:

Post a Comment